By Lillian Williams
Considering a YouTube Channel for your school, business, or nonprofit group?
YouTube is offering a series of free workshops–covering everything from pre-production to post-production strategies. Workshops topics include choosing equipment, lighting and sound, and basic editing techniques.
The online workshops are held on Google Plus Hangouts.
The series began on Wednesday, July 18 and will continue through Wednesday, Oct. 3. You can enroll in individual classes.
Get the complete workshop schedule here.
Here’s a handy rundown:
- July 18: YouTube Product Overview
- July 25: Pre-visualization and Storyboarding
- Aug. 1: Choosing Your Equipment
- Aug. 8: Introduction to Cinematography
- Aug. 15: Lighting and Sound on a Shoestring
- Aug. 22: Green Screen Techniques
- Aug. 29: Lighting
- Sept. 5: Sound
- Sept. 12: Basic Editing Techniques
- Sept. 19: Finishing–Color Correction, Sound Mixing
- Sept. 26: Developing Your Audience on YouTube
- Oct. 3: Improving Your Channel with Analytics
If you participate in these workshops, please leave a comment below about what you learned. Or, if you recommend other online resources for this, or similar topics, we’d like to hear about them.